Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Introduction to me, and my aims

Hello, my name is Valerie Roberts.  I am a trainee Clinical Counsellor.  I also work in an adult gambling centre where I meet lots of interesting and lovely people.  My counselling skills play a big part in this role although I do not counsel the service users.  

On 26 September 2012, I will commence my Masters Degree in Clinical Counselling.  I do have some experience of counselling - I have completed a Level 2 counselling course which was a necessary part of the criteria for my Masters (along with my degree and other personal qualities). 

I have a first class degree in Creative Writing - I graduated in 2011.  Whilst on the degree, I wrote fictional poems and stories about mental health - a lot of it was written from personal life experiences, and I suppose this is where my interest in becoming a counsellor came from.  I have not had personal counselling myself, but it is a necessary part of my Masters Degree and something I am really looking forward to - as I relish the idea of finding out who I really am and being in total acceptance of myself.  This is something I wish to help people with - accepting who they are for what they are which will in turn enable them to deal with difficulties they may face in order to live a normal life!

This blog, hopefully, will assist me on my journey and, hopefully, assist others on theirs.

I write poetry.  Reading and writing poetry can be a therapeutic experience for some.

I will put poetry up here. I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to comment, or take what you want from reading it.

I write stories.

I will put stories up here.

I listen to others.

I will listen to you here.

I will not give advice.

I will guide you.

I am naturally empathic.

I am honest.

I am not a practising/qualified counsellor yet, so anything I do write or say will be at trainee level and any support given will be given at trainee level.  I cannot be held responsible for misleading information or any consequence because of my support given.  This blog is a friendly blog and I am sure as I progress throughout my Masters Degree, I will become more professional in my approach.



No comments:

Post a Comment